DD
MM
YYYY

spot_img

PAGES

Home Tekedia Forum

Tekedia Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Nia Vardalos & John Corbett Spill on My Big Fat Greek Wedding 3

Hey, everyone! I have some exciting news for you. Nia Vardalos and John Corbett, the stars of the beloved romantic comedy My Big Fat Greek Wedding, have just revealed some details about the upcoming third installment of the franchise. Yes, you heard that right. There's going to be a My Big Fat Greek Wedding 3!

In an interview with Entertainment Tonight, the duo spilled the beans on what fans can expect from the sequel, which is set to start filming next year. According to Vardalos, who also wrote and produced the first two films, the third one will focus on Toula and Ian's daughter, Paris, who is now a grown woman and ready to tie the knot with her own Greek beau.

But of course, it wouldn't be a My Big Fat Greek Wedding movie without some hilarious family drama and cultural clashes. Vardalos teased that the Portokalos clan will have to deal with a "bigger, fatter, Greeker" wedding than ever before, and that there will be some surprises along the way.

Tekedia Mini-MBA edition 14 (June 3 – Sept 2, 2024) begins registrations; get massive discounts with early registration here.

Tekedia AI in Business Masterclass opens registrations here.

Join Tekedia Capital Syndicate and invest in Africa’s finest startups here.

Corbett, who plays Ian, Toula's non-Greek husband, also shared his excitement about reprising his role and reuniting with his co-stars. He said that he loves working with Vardalos and that they have a great chemistry on and off screen. He also praised her for creating such a relatable and funny story that resonates with audiences of all backgrounds.

The first My Big Fat Greek Wedding film was released in 2002 and became a surprise hit, earning over $368 million worldwide on a $5 million budget. It also received an Oscar nomination for Best Original Screenplay. The second film came out in 2016 and grossed over $88 million worldwide.

I don't know about you, but I can't wait to see what happens next in this charming and heartwarming saga. Are you excited for My Big Fat Greek Wedding 3? Let me know in the comments below!