DD
MM
YYYY

spot_img

PAGES

Home Tekedia Forum

Tekedia Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Nigeria's Diasporas And Why the Remittance Can Help

Nigeria Accounted For The Highest Remittance Flow Into Sub-Saharan Africa in 2022 – World Bank

Just the official channel: "According to a report by the World Bank, Africa’s most populous nation Nigeria, accounted for the highest remittance flow into sub-Saharan Africa in 2022. Remittance flow into the region reached $53 billion, and Nigeria accounted for 38% ($20.1 billion), followed by Ghana and Kenya with $4.7 and $4.1 billion respectively."

If you include the modern remittance with no cross-border transfer (case in point: you need $1,000 to pay a Chinese merchant and I need Naira equivalent in Nigeria, I help you send USD to the Chinese and you credit my Naira account in a local bank; tech does this via peer with escrow implemented), that $20.1 billion becomes a huge number, well larger than Nigeria's annual budget!

I think Nigeria needs to pay attention to the diaspora community. We possibly have the solution we’re looking for elsewhere!

Tekedia Mini-MBA edition 14 (June 3 – Sept 2, 2024) begins registrations; get massive discounts with early registration here.

Tekedia AI in Business Masterclass opens registrations here.

Join Tekedia Capital Syndicate and invest in Africa’s finest startups here.