DD
MM
YYYY

spot_img

PAGES

Home Tekedia Forum

Tekedia Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

No Place Like Home: Immigration Application Drops

One in 10 people living in OECD countries were foreign born in 2018. Now, the Covid-19 pandemic has become a force, pushing those workers out of their adopted homes and pulling them to their native nations. Canada sees a major drop. Indeed, no place like home! (QZ newsletter)

Comment on LinkedIn Feed

Could this be due to lockdowns as most public offices were shut in response to covid?

My response:  It does of course. Yet, the pandemic proved one thing: the world is not that far apart. At the peak of the pandemic, most Nigerians living in New York would have wished they were living in some rural villages in Nigeria. Indeed, there are risks: economic, health, etc. You just have to balance them. Look at the local airport data in Nigeria, the rich people have refused to resume flying out of fear. So, when things like this happen, a new matrix emerges: life is bigger than whatever is used to nurture it. That is “ndu bu isi” which is my name in Igbo.

Tekedia Mini-MBA edition 14 (June 3 – Sept 2, 2024) begins registrations; get massive discounts with early registration here.

Tekedia AI in Business Masterclass opens registrations here.

Join Tekedia Capital Syndicate and invest in Africa’s finest startups here.

Uploaded files:
Nwafor Merciful has reacted to this post.
Nwafor Merciful

Prof prof, I love the last line of this post. You know, I've missed tekedia and the thrilling updates in my inbox and came here to find out why I stopped receiving newsletters and updates. It turned out things have changed around  here and waoh, there's the tekedia app plus the mini -MBA. I'm very impressed at your work and people like you make me proud to be a Nigerian. Thank you for all you do sir, someday, we shall meet.

Thanks so much. Our challenge was spamming. So, we turned off the Forum subscription. That was the only way to fix that now until the plugin creator has a better solution.