DD
MM
YYYY

spot_img

PAGES

Home Tekedia Forum

Tekedia Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

People, why can’t NATO admit Russia?

People, why can’t NATO admit Russia? Lol. Indeed, if that can happen and China also joins NATO, world peace will arrive on paper! But that will eliminate the defense industry which many will not like. I am writing this because in the next 20 years, BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa) may morph into another version of NATO. The EU is largely a subset of NATO now.

The implications for the future of the global economy are huge. Simply, security and economic arrangements seem entwined, and if those things are deepened, people will like to test them.

As Putin travels to meet Iranian leaders, Brazil has made it clear that it will buy Russian oil. India and China have ignored everyone, loading the liquid gold at scale. South Africa has always voted present. In simple terms, BRICS is creating a new path to a new future.

Tekedia Mini-MBA edition 14 (June 3 – Sept 2, 2024) begins registrations; get massive discounts with early registration here.

Tekedia AI in Business Masterclass opens registrations here.

Join Tekedia Capital Syndicate and invest in Africa’s finest startups here.

The war in Ukraine will end one day but its impact on trade routes will remain for decades. Many countries will be “lost” in the crosshairs. Be concerned for Nigeria with largely zero natural advantages on the table.

Feedback on FB

Comment: You are pro-Russia

My Response: A professor is not a pro-anything because he writes about that. Focus on the intellectual discussion. Doctors publish academic papers where they explain that smoking is bad but still smoke. Your comment is Nigeria's problem: if you ask Buhari to improve policy, his men will say you are against the government. That is not how it works. Forget my belief, focus on the intellectual debate. I am not pro-Russia. Russia indeed forced me to actually apply for a US passport.

I initially was not interested despite being qualified. But I went to Moscow on the invitation of the Mayor. Someone they could not believe I was a Nigerian. Many questions but I made it back to US and decided to get US passport. It was insulting to feel that being a Nigerian I should not have gotten there.

Everyone here knows I am pro-BIDEN and gave him the winning VOTE. But that does not mean I cannot share insights from alternative angles.

Uploaded files: