DD
MM
YYYY

spot_img

PAGES

Home Tekedia Forum

Tekedia Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

South African sensation Makhadzi is Spotify's EQUAL ambassador for September

Spotify has announced that South African singer and songwriter Makhadzi is the EQUAL ambassador for September, a global initiative that celebrates women creators and their impact on the music industry. Makhadzi, whose real name is Ndivhudzannyi Ralivhona, is known for her energetic and captivating performances of Afro-pop and house music. She has released five albums and collaborated with artists such as Master KG, Sho Madjozi, Prince Benza and King Monada.

As the EQUAL ambassador, Makhadzi will be featured on the cover of the EQUAL Africa playlist, which showcases the best music from women artists across the continent. She will also be part of a global campaign that aims to amplify the voices and stories of women in music. Makhadzi said she was honored and excited to be chosen as the EQUAL ambassador for September.

"I am very happy and grateful to Spotify for this opportunity. It means a lot to me as a woman and as an African artist to be recognized and celebrated by such a big platform. I hope that my music will inspire other women to pursue their dreams and never give up," she said.

Tekedia Mini-MBA edition 14 (June 3 – Sept 2, 2024) begins registrations; get massive discounts with early registration here.

Tekedia AI in Business Masterclass opens registrations here.

Join Tekedia Capital Syndicate and invest in Africa’s finest startups here.

Makhadzi's latest single, "Ghanama", featuring Prince Benza, has been topping the charts and receiving rave reviews from fans and critics alike. The song is a fusion of traditional Tshivenda sounds and modern beats, creating a unique and infectious groove. Makhadzi said she wanted to make a song that would make people dance and feel good.

"Ghanama is a song that celebrates our culture and our happiness. It is a song that everyone can relate to and enjoy. I wanted to make a song that would bring people together and spread positive vibes," she said.

Makhadzi is currently working on her sixth album, which is expected to be released later this year. She said she has been experimenting with different genres and styles, and hopes to surprise her fans with something new and fresh.

"I have been working hard on my new album, and I can't wait for people to hear it. I have been trying new things and exploring new sounds. I want to show my fans that I can do anything with my music," she said.

Makhadzi is one of the most talented and versatile artists in South Africa, and Spotify is proud to support her as the EQUAL ambassador for September. You can listen to her music and discover more amazing women creators on the EQUAL Africa playlist, only on Spotify.