DD
MM
YYYY

spot_img

PAGES

Home Tekedia Forum

Tekedia Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Teyana Taylor and Iman Shumpert Break Up After 7 Years of Marriage

Teyana Taylor and Iman Shumpert have decided to end their marriage after six years together. The singer and actress announced the news on Instagram, saying that they still love and respect each other as friends and co-parents. She also clarified that there was no cheating involved in their breakup, contrary to some rumors.

Taylor and Shumpert met in {2014} and got married in {2016}. They have two daughters, Junie and Rue, who are four and one years old respectively. The couple has been open about their relationship struggles in the past, including dealing with postpartum depression, miscarriage, and communication issues. They also starred in their own reality show, Teyana & Iman, which aired on VH1 in {2018}.

In her Instagram post, Taylor wrote that she and Shumpert have been separated for a while now, but kept it private to protect their family. She said that they tried to work things out, but realized that they are better off as friends. She thanked him for the memories they shared and the children they created, and wished him happiness and success in his future endeavors. She also asked her fans to respect their privacy and not to spread false stories about their split.

Tekedia Mini-MBA edition 15 (Sept 9 – Dec 7, 2024) has started registrations; register today for early bird discounts.

Tekedia AI in Business Masterclass opens registrations here.

Join Tekedia Capital Syndicate and invest in Africa’s finest startups here.

Shumpert has not publicly commented on the divorce yet, but he did post a cryptic message on his Instagram story earlier this week. He wrote, "I've been tried, tested and molded by this life. All of my scars are a badge of honor for me. I'm built for it." He also shared a video of him playing basketball with his daughter Junie, captioning it, "My motivation."

Taylor and Shumpert are not the only celebrity couple who have called it quits this year. Kim Kardashian and Kanye West, Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez, Bill Gates and Melinda Gates, and Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt are some of the other famous pairs who have filed for divorce or separated.

Uploaded files: