DD
MM
YYYY

spot_img

PAGES

Home Tekedia Forum

Tekedia Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Virgin Music appoints Olukorede “Kay” Ikazoboh as Head of Nigerian division

Richard Branson-Owned Company Virgin Orbit Plans to Lay Off Nearly All of  Its Workforce - Tekedia

Hey, music lovers! I have some exciting news to share with you today. You know how much I love Virgin Music, right? Well, they just announced their new Head of Virgin Music Nigeria, and Se's none other than Olukorede "Kay" Ikazoboh! Yes, you heard that right. The seasoned music executive who has worked with some of the biggest names in the industry is now in charge of Virgin Music's operations in Nigeria. How awesome is that?

Among the first deals announced in the region by Virgin which is a renowned independent artist and label services company includes partnerships with Dvpper, one of Nigeria’s hottest Afrobeats labels, solo artist Reekado Banks, as well as a single with Darkoo featuring Ayra Starr.

On September 1, 2023, Virgin Music hosted an event at Ebony Life to officially open its operations in Nigeria.

At the event, the co-CEO of Virgin Music Nat Pastor commented that the entrance of Virgin Music into the Nigeria music industry was motivated by a global appetite for the musical creativity springing from Africa. She also shared that Virgin Music's commitment to serving independent African artists and entrepreneurs throughout the region.

If you don't know who Kay is, let me give you a quick introduction. She's a veteran in the music business, with over 15 years of experience in various roles. He started his career as a DJ and producer, then moved on to become a talent manager, A&R, label executive, and consultant. She has worked with artists like Wizkid, Davido, Tiwa Savage, Burna Boy, and many more. She has also been instrumental in launching and growing several music platforms, such as MTN Music+, Boomplay, and Trace TV.

Kay is known for his passion, vision, and innovation in the music industry. She has a knack for spotting and developing new talent, as well as creating strategic partnerships and opportunities for growth. She's also a great leader and mentor, who inspires and empowers her team to achieve excellence. She's the perfect person to lead Virgin Music Nigeria into the next level of success.

The company has appointed Olukorede “Kay” Ikazoboh to lead its affairs in Nigeria and Michael Roe, Virgin's International Managing Director described Ikazaboh as someone with great interpersonal skills and insights into the local market.

Ikazaboh stated that she's eager to work with independent labels and artists to help them build their fan bases both here and around the world.

I can't wait to see what Kay and her team have in store for us. I'm sure they will bring us some amazing music and artists from Nigeria and beyond. I'm also looking forward to seeing how they will collaborate with other Virgin Music labels around the world to create a global music community. I'm so happy for Kay and I wish him all the best in his new role.

What do you think of this news? Are you excited for Kay and Virgin Music Nigeria? Let me know in the comments below. And don't forget to follow Virgin Music Nigeria on social media to stay updated on their latest releases and events. Until next time, keep rocking!