It is happening. Garage48 has arrived in Africa. Lagos will host the first one.
For the first time in its existence, the Garage48 event series is coming to Lagos. Together with two world companies, Google and Nokia, it will take place from the 6th to the 8th of May 2011 at the Lagos Resource Centre, Victoria Island. Originally developed in Europe, Estonia and expanded to other countries, the purpose of the event is to build new web and mobile services in one single weekend – 48 hours.
Garage48 Lagos will take place at Lagos Resource Centre – a place of quiet and comfort. The venue has established resources for training and learning in an atmosphere of peace and serenity. The focus of the Lagos Resource Centre is to be relevant to the training and formation needs of the professional communities in the region.
9 Anifowose Street – Off Adeola Odeku,
The following are the skills set needed for participants.
- Graphic Designers – mavericks creating visual identity and user interfaces
- Web Developers – HTML/CSS/JS/AJAX wizards making the design work smoothly in all web browsers
- Programmers – planning technical architecture, writing functional code and testing the outcome
- Mobile Developers – building apps for mobile platforms
- Visionary entrepreneurs and project managers – people with ability to start new business ideas, run teams and deliver
- Marketing and Business Development – evangelists and sales wizards making the products fly and reach the audience