Texas Instruments introduced the H.E.A.T. (harsh environment acquisition terminal) evaluation module (EVM), the industry’s first high-temperature data acquisition system, which includes a complete set of TI signal chain components qualified for extreme temperature operation from -55 degrees Celsius (C) to 210 degrees C. The H.E.A.T. EVM is test-oven ready and qualified to operate up to 200 hours at oven temperatures of up to 200 degrees C. It accepts eight channels of analog data and conditions, digitizes and processes these signals for a variety of applications in ruggedized, high-temperature environments including downhole drilling, jet engines and heavy industrial applications.
The H.E.A.T. EVM eliminates the need for expensive up-screening and qualification testing of industrial-grade components for temperature ranges outside their datasheet specifications. The tool allows manufacturers to develop applications with components qualified for harsh environments quickly and safely and cuts development, testing and qualification time by up to one year.
Key features and benefits of the H.E.A.T. EVM
Tekedia Mini-MBA (Sep 12 – Dec 3 2022) has started; registration continues. Register here. Cost is N60,000 or $140 for the 12-week program. Beat early bird for free books and other bonuses.
- Six channels optimized for temperature, pressure sensors and accelerometers plus two general-purpose channels (fully differential and single-ended).
- Comprehensive set of components qualified for operating temperatures from -55ºC to 210ºC and guaranteed for at least 1,000 hours operating life.
- ADS1278-HT – octal simultaneous sampling 24-bit 128-KSPS ADC
- SM470R1B1M-HT – ARM7 microcontroller
- OPA211-HT – low-noise, precision operational amplifier
- OPA2333-HT – low-power, zero-drift series operational amplifier
- INA333-HT – zero-drift, low-power, single-supply instrumentation amplifier
- THS4521-HT – low-power, fully differential amplifier
- REF5025-HT – 2.5-V precision voltage reference
- SN65HVD233-HT – CAN transceiver
- SN65HVD11-HT – RS-485 transceiver
- Made with polyimide material, and incorporating high-temperature rated passive components and high-temperature solder material, the EVM is test oven ready and can withstand temperatures of up to 200ºC for 200 operating hours.
The H.E.A.T. EVM complements TI’s full portfolio of analog and embedded processing products for high-temperature, high-reliability environments. The board is immediately available for $5,749.
A H.E.A.T. EVM User Guide is available for download, describing initialization and calibration of the hardware, channel configuration and more.
All individual high-temperature semiconductor components in the H.E.A.T. EVM are available in both a high-temperature ceramic package and in Known Good Die (KGD) for smallest package integration.
Find out more about TI’s H.E.A.T. EVM and high-temperature portfolio
- Learn more and order the H.E.A.T. EVM: www.ti.com/heat-pr
- Explore TI’s full portfolio of high-temperature ICs and related system block diagrams: www.ti.com/hightemp-pr
- Download TI’s High-Temperature Guide: www.ti.com/hightempguide-pr
- Ask questions, share knowledge and help solve problems with fellow engineers in the TI E2E™ High Reliability Community: www.ti.com/hirelforum-pr