The Zoom link is below (down). But if you cannot join due to the 100 user capacity, the webcast is below.
As part of Tekedia Institute’s mission to educate and inform, Tekedia Capital, our sister company, will host a public lecture on Saturday to share how we evaluate startups for investment. This week, we minted another company going to the YCombinator, the celebrated US-based accelerator (that info is not public yet; we will share details once YC has gone public). Just hours after we shared that good news, another portfolio firm, OurPass, shared with the world that it has been accepted into Techstars Canada, another category-king global accelerator.
Mecho Autotech, one of our portfolio startups, was in the last YC class. We have supported extremely young companies which are outperforming. In the last 10 months, our portfolio firms have raised more than $100 million.
We invite the general public to attend this academic event where we will explain how we use patterns and data to determine the next winners. Tekedia Capital is built on the philosophical construct of Pythagoras which is that the world is numbers, and we use numbers to model sectors and companies that will thrive within our investment thesis. It is a kind of symphonic innovation where we look at many elements before we commit to support extremely young companies.
Tekedia Capital runs an investment syndicate. We pool resources from citizens, companies, investment clubs, etc and co-invest in tech-anchored startups. The next investment cycle begins on Monday Oct 18 2021 when our new deal flow will go live in our portal. Those who join Tekedia Capital will have access to the startups – and they can invest with a minimum of $10,000 or local equivalent per startup. To learn more about Tekedia Capital Syndicate and how to join, click here.
Public lecture details as follows:
- Topic: Investing in Africa’s Next Unicorns – A Tekedia Capital Playbook
- Presenter: Prof Ndubuisi Ekekwe, Chairman, Tekedia Capital USA
- Date: Oct 16, 2021
- Time: 6pm – 6.45pm WAT
- Venue: Zoom link (The first 100 will have access to Zoom. Others will watch via a YouTube Live webcast we will insert on this page)
Contact: [email protected]
For prospective investors & startups looking for funds, join our mailing list.---
1. Advance your career with Tekedia Mini-MBA (Feb 7 – May 7, 2022): 140 global faculty, online, self-paced, $140 (or N60,000 naira). Click and register here.
2. Click to join Tekedia Capital Syndicate and own a piece of Africa’s finest startups with a minimum of $10,000 investment.