The Safaricom Foundation Technology for Good Accelerator is a three months long incubation and seed-funding program that empowers entrepreneurs to launch globally scalable mobile tech driven startups that solve relevant local challenges.
The selection process is a unique full-day workshop and pitch presentation (after a week) where participants are trained and equipped with the most relevant lean startup tools to conduct customer discovery and validation. Teams then pitch to demonstrate customer-problem fit. The teams are also trained and equipped with the tools and skills for business modeling. They develop a business model to be tested during the incubation period.
Applications for seed funding are submitted to the investment committee for review and approval. Applicants can apply upto KES. 5,000,000 (USD 50,000) in seed funding. Your firm must be registered in Kenya.
Who Should Apply
- Teams of a maximum of three people by:
- Kenyan youth (18-35 years)
- National and community based non-governmental organisations
- Faith based and civil society organizations
- academic and research institutions
- innovation hubs and the private sector
- Teams that have the relevant technical and business capacity required to successfully execute the the business
Themed Categories for the Program
- Economic empowerment
- Environmental conservation
- Disaster relief