Nigeria-based cloud printing pioneer Printivo has made ITNewsAfrica Top 10 African Startups. It is the only Nigerian company in the list. The buzz on the technology ecosystems continue to accelerate as these startups continue to demonstrate how technology and innovation could help bring solutions to some African challenges.
Besides the Nigerian startup which helps other startups and SMEs print business and marketing material with ease, other top startups are:
- Instabug – Egypt, allows users to offer feedback from within apps and to report bugs and issues.
- RoamSmart – Tunisia, assists mobile operators to manage their roaming businesses by allowing them to optimise workflows and monetise existing roaming sources through an automated data reporting and analysis platform.
- Tutorama – Egypt, the online tutoring platform connects parents with top quality local tutors in their area.
- Fuzu – Kenya, allows users to learn new skills and find jobs regardless of their levels of education.
- Flare – Kenya, application aggregates available ambulances onto a single system, and allows patients or hospitals to request emergency help via smartphone.
- Jumaii – Tanzania, health app offers a mobile micro-health insurance product targeted at the low income and informal sector.
- Custos Media – South Africa, uses blockchian technology to crack down on piracy in digital media.
- Cape – South Africa, operates a WiFi network and application quality monitoring tool.
- Dr CADx – Zimbabwe, developing a computer-aided diagnostic system to help doctors diagnose medical images more accurately, and to provide pervasive radiology diagnostics in regions which currently do not have radiologists.