MEST extends deadline for applications to its $50,000 – $100,000 seed funding for African Startups and Entrepreneurs. It is now captured as “All year round” but must close by “July 2017” when the candidates will be announced.
Begin the process of applying to become an Entrepreneur-in-Training (EIT) at MEST by following the steps below:
- First, take the Discover MEST Test.
- Then complete the Application Form.
- Shortlisted candidates are invited to take the Aptitude Test.
- Successful candidates are invited for the telephone interview.
- Shortlisted candidates are invited for in-person group interview.
- Finalists are invited for an in-person one-on-one interview.
Meltwater Entrepreneurial School of Technology (MEST) is calling techies and entrepreneurs from Ghana, Nigeria, Kenya, South Africa & Ivory Coast to join its next dynamic cohort of trainees, with the opportunity to become world-class software developers and receive funding for their tech startups by entering the fully sponsored year-long program in Accra, Ghana which begins August 2017.
Joining the program exposes the entrepreneurs to new and diverse cultures, builds them to become globally competitive, and makes them eligible to receive seed-funding of USD $50,000 – $100,000 from the Meltwater Foundation.
Recruiting from South Africa, in addition to Ghana, Nigeria, Kenya and Cote D’ivoire is a deliberate move by MEST to create a pan-African network and curate a rich pool of talent and ideas. MEST aims to increase the rate of entrepreneurship adoption amongst African youth, drive more external investment to the continent, and in 2018 launch an Incubator in Johannesburg or Cape Town for MEST-graduated South African entrepreneurs to build a base and work on home soil.
The entrepreneurs-in-training (EITs) who are accepted into MEST also receive perks that allow them to focus 100% on building globally successful software companies: housing accommodation for a year in Ghana, three meals a day, and a small monthly stipend.
All interested and eligible applicants must:
– Have deep passion to build a globally successful software company
– Have several years entrepreneurial or corporate work experience
– Be able to commit spending a year in Accra, Ghana participating in the MEST training program starting August 2017
Think you’re a perfect fit for MEST or know someone who is? Start the application process HERE or contact [email protected]