MoMo, Mobile Monday is a global community of mobile industry visionaries, developers and influential’s fostering cooperation and cross-border business development through virtual and live networking events to share ideas, best practices and trends from global markets.
MoMo is organized by a group of dedicated volunteers from around the world. Originating in Helsinki, Finland, in the year 2000, Mobile Monday has grown into the world’s leading mobile community. And currently has presence in over 100 countries.
MoMo has the following global objectives:
- Foster an open and independent innovation platform within the mobile sector.
- Facilitate industry networking between small and large companies and individuals
- Bridge partnership exchanges between domestic and international organizations
- Present innovative visions, trends, studies and forecasts from the mobile marketplace
- Provide opportunities for local members to effectively participate in global initiative
- Contribute to the education of the broader public through its publications, online presence and media partnerships
If this looks like something that interests you, you can join us.
- Nigeria’s Telecoms market has developed but it is in latent state. We need to unleash its potential for a services driven market.
- Nigerians in the IT/Telecoms sector needs to be more aware of what their next door neighbor is doing more than what is happening in Silicon Valley.
- Developers needs to meet investors and vise-versa
- Start-ups needs to meet investors, developers and potential customers
- Trainers needs to meet students and vise-versa
- Developers needs to be more aware of global and LOCAL trends and the opportunities there in.
- Students would be motivated to develop local apps when they have a channel to know about local success stories
- Nigerian developers needs to be aware of what is now possible with all platforms and events. e.g LBS Challenge, Calling All Innovators, OVI Apps, OVI API’s/SDKs, MeeGo and Symbian platforms.
The May Mobile Monday Lagos meet-up day is announced – 23 May 2011 (courtesy of Mobility Nigeria).
Date: Monday, May 23, 2011
Time: 5:30 – 8pm
Venue: Robert’s (Brown’s) Cafe
16B Akin Olugbade Street