Avago Technologies has announced ACML-74×0, a family of digital isolators that deliver the market’s most robust insulation performance. The ACML-74×0 series, from Avago Technologies, is a family of multi-channel high-speed CMOS digital isolators. Using magnetic coupling through a thick insulation barrier, these CMOS digital isolators help enable high-speed transmissions without compromise to isolation performance.
These CMOS digital isolators consume a small amount of power, even at high data rates, yet provide transient immunity performance in compact surface-mount packages. These CMOS digital isolators are qualified to a maximum propagation delay of 36ns and a maximum pulse width distortion of 3ns. They are also capable of running at a 100MBd data rate.
These CMOS digital isolator devices are available in 16-pin SOIC wide-body packages. They operate at dual 3.3V or 5V supply voltages. The DC and timing are specified over the temperature range of -40° C to +105° C. The quad-channel ACML-7400 CMOS digital isolator is configured as a uni-directional device, with four channels in one direction. The ACML-7400, along with the ACML-7410 and ACML-7420 digital isolators, is also built using CMOS input buffers and CMOS output drivers helping to eliminate the need for both input limiters and output pull-up resistors. Refresh circuitry is built in to ensure DC-correctness.
Additional ACML-74×0 Product Features:
- Low power consumption of 13 mA per channel typical at 100 MBd data rate
- Wide operating temperature range from -40° C to 105° C
- Qualified to low maximum propagation delay of 32 ns and low maximum pulse width distortion of 2 ns
- Low propagation delay skews of 4 ns maximum for channel-to-channel and 5 ns maximum for part-to-part
- Dual supply voltage compatible for 3.3V and 5V
- High common mode transient immunity of 25 kV/µs min
- Safety and regulatory approvals from UL, CSA and IEC 60950-1/61010-1/60601-1
They are priced starting at $6.48 each in 1,000 piece quantities. For more information, see Avago Technologies