He called me from Atlanta where he is setting up an office. He runs a shipping business and is expanding to the United States. But he needed a license to quickly finish the setup so that he could get back to Lagos. He contacted Tekedia Institute, and immediately, we put him in touch with another learner in the US who already has a freight and logistics license. They spoke and agreed to work together. If you need shipping services from US to Nigeria, we can connect you to him!
We have seen how our programs are changing businesses and people. So, in January, we began testing Tekedia Practice. Simply, a member goes through a curated domain-specific training, and follows it up with an internship in a company. The results look very promising, and now, we want to make it public.
Tekedia Practice works via our Advanced Diploma program and will focus in these areas:
– Practice of Agribusiness
– Practice of Renewable Energy Business
– Practice of Digital Business
It will involve 2 months of studies and 4 months of internship. The goal is to provide skills which can help young people get employed.
- Locations covered: internship could be in any location.
- Internship Placements: members will be responsible for finding locations but Tekedia will give them letters to help them. Tekedia has many partners to place members but no guarantee.
- Requirement: Minimum of secondary school education
- Internship structure: The hosting companies could also pay the interns but we cannot guarantee.
- Timeline: Aug 9, 2021 – Feb 4, 2022
- Registration is OPEN: go here and register.
1. Advance your career with Tekedia Mini-MBA (Sept 13 – Dec 6, 2021): 140 global faculty, online, self-paced, $140 (or N50,000 naira). Click and register here.
2. Click to join Tekedia Capital Syndicate and own a piece of Africa’s finest startups with a minimum of $10,000 investment.3. Register and join me every Saturday at Business Growth Playbooks w/ Ndubuisi Ekekwe (Sept 4 – Oct 23, 2021), Zoom, 4.30pm WAT; costs N20,000 or $60.