Reason Behind Youth Failure.
Failure, as much as it hurts, is an important part of life. In fact, it is often necessary sometimes. There is no one on earth that is bigger than failure. Although no one wants to go through that moment when nothing is working, it is part of life.
Failure is a great teacher.
However, I discovered that most of our youths don’t want to fail in everything they do. A life without failure is life without experience. On the other hand, there are so many reasons behind not meeting a desirable or intended objective but it should not be seen as failure.
“It is impossible to live without failing at something unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all, in which case you have failed by default.” — J.K. Rowling
The reasons behind youths failure:
- Freebies mentality: I know you will be shocked. Yes! Anything free stops you from thinking. Freebies mentality especially free food has turned most of our youths into a lazy horse. And the truth is, anyone that gives you free food stops you from thinking. Most youths don’t want to work but they want things to fall in pleasant places for them. Anyone with such a mentality is a failure already.
- Friends: I believe that the kind of people you moved with sometimes determines how people see you. I love the saying – show me your friend and I will show you who you are going to. Bad friends contribute immensely to most of the failure of the youths.
- Background: I do tell people that the kind of parent you have determines how far and fast you go in life. I discovered that many youths failure in life is also due to their family background.
How to minimize failure:
I know you will be so surprised that I said minimize instead of how to never be a failure.
No one on earth can boldly say he never fails.
Life comprises both good and bad. No success without a failure story behind it. All the most successful people you see out there were once a failure. But this is one main important thing to minimize failure – mindset.
- You dare what others are scared of facing. Nothing good comes too easy in life. It takes sacrifice that comes from a great mindset.
- Get angry. Sometimes when you are fed up with your situation and you want to come out of it, get angry with yourself. Tell yourself that, whatever comes your way, I want to be successful.
- Purposeful living. Having a clearer understanding of who you are, helps you to go further. I want to make an impact in life. I want to be a blessing to my generation.
Note: ”the bus stop is not a full stop. You are not a failure until you permit it.”
Credit: Adeleke Lekan