Tutuka provides innovative and simple software solutions for gift vouchers or cards, prepaid cash replacement and loyalty programmes, and recently created the official VISA FIFA World Cup card for the 2010 tournament held in South Africa
Tutuka is the premier Voucher Software provider. Tutuka develops open standard software to issue, redeem and reconcile vouchers whether printed, card based, emailed or sent to mobile phones. Tutuka’s software applications are developed in house.
These are some of their products
• Tutuka first began by issuing solely paper vouchers. However as the market and company evolved, there has gradually been a movement towards the Card based vouchers.
• Tutuka still issues paper vouchers in certain markets. A good example would be our clients from the government sector. We issue paper based training vouchers to many of the government SETA’s.
Private Label Cards:
• Tutuka issues private label gift cards for a significant number of retailers in South Africa.
• These cards are used within a specific retailing network. We often refer to this as a closed loop card system.
• These cards have a mag stripe and BIN generated by Tutuka.
• In order to load, redeem and obtain a balance on the cards, the retailer or group can either integrate to Tutuka’s VoucherEngine (Tutuka will provide integration specifications), use terminals that allow for gift card transactions or use Tutuka’s online POS system VoucherPOS.
• These cards are also used for loyalty programmes.
• The cards are reloadable and are branded by the client.
• Tutuka’s VoucherEngine can issue SMS vouchers.
• The voucher is a 10 or 16 digit number that can include a message from the issuer.
• The vouchers are prepaid and Tutuka keeps an online quota balance for the client.
• The vouchers can be redeemed at a POS that has Tutuka’s Voucher system.
• These type of vouchers are used mainly by large loyalty programmes.
Prepaid Shopping Centre Cards:
• Tutuka, in conjunction with Standard Bank, launched a prepaid MasterCard gift card for shopping centres in 2005.
• The card is branded according to the Clients specifications and must include a MasterCard hologram.
• The card can be redeemed at a retailer that accepts MasterCard.