If you have experience in maritime shipping, I want to support a team in Nigeria with funding to build a startup in maritime trade & logistics. As AfCFTA moves to the next phase, this startup will do what logistics companies do on land in the maritime area. I have struggled to see startups and now forced to have an open call. In the phase 1 of the playbook, here are services the startup will build-up:
- Freight shipping: automating booking and deployment
- Customs services and clearance: you clear goods, for both import and export
- Trade financing: you finance trade by helping shippers grow
- Land/Air haulage logistics: you integrate with partners to enable land/air logistics
- Integrate into PAPSS (Pan-African Payment and Settlement System) via Afreximbank and a digital bank in the United States; we will provide all contacts needed.
We expect you to digitize the process with technology that will help tracking at scale. More so, you will launch in at least 6 ports in Africa with correspondence partners in China, Europe and the United States; we will provide those networks. We will help you join WCA World.
Email Tekedia Capital [email protected] in a group of at least 3 with your capabilities. We will give you funds to go and build if we like your team. Do not worry about people copying the ideas; I never worry about those. Everyone knows that Africa has no water, electricity, etc and yet no one has copied to provide them well. The key is execution – and we think we have a great process.
Please share with your networks – if we get this right, we can quickly create dozens of jobs and fix a huge friction across Africa.
1. Advance your career with Tekedia Mini-MBA (Feb 7 – May 7, 2022): top global faculty, online, self-paced, $140 (or N60,000 naira). Click and register here.
2. Click and register for Tekedia Startup Masterclass and master the secrets from start-up to unicorn. Cost is N180,000 naira or $400.
3. Click to join Tekedia Capital Syndicate and own a piece of Africa’s finest startups with a minimum of $10,000 investment.