The Android Developer Challenge is designed to encourage the creation of cool and innovative Android mobile apps built by developers in Sub-Saharan Africa. Participating developers stand the chance of winning an Android phone and $25,000 USD.
For more details, visit the challenge official website.
Welcome to the Android Developer Challenge, Sub Saharan Africa! You can participate by developing a killer application built on Android. The sections below provide information about the types of applications you can enter, as well as the contest information and dates.
Developers submit their apps to one of three specially-designated ADC categories beginning June 1st at 12 AM GMT. An application may only be submitted to a single category.
- Entertainment / Media / Games
- Social Networking / Communication
- Productivity / Tools / Lifestyle
To determine the winner, there is a two round submission process. All apps that want to be considered for the competition, must be submit by July 1st, 2011. There are three competition regions — West & Central Africa, East Africa and Southern Africa. Applications will then be reviewed by our judging committee for the top three apps in each region by category (27 in total). Those who reach the final round, will be awarded Android devices and given six weeks to make their apps even better. Finally, our winners in each category will be announced September 12th and will be awarded $25,000. A combined total of $75,000 will be awarded.
- April 14th: Competition opens
- June 1st: Submissions open.
- July 1st: First round submissions are due at 11:59 PM GMT.
- July 15th: Finalist applications announced.
- August 30th: Finalist applications are due at 11:59 PM GMT.
- September 12th: Winners are announced.