- The total budget is N9.1 trillion, up from the N8.6 trillion estimates he submitted to the Assembly on November 7, 2017. The National Assembly raised the total figure by N500 billion.
- They also increased the oil benchmark proposed by the executive from $45 to $51 per barrel.
- The Assembly, however, retained oil production volume proposed at 2.3 million barrels per day and an exchange rate at N305 to $1.
- The budget as passed by the two chambers also has N530.4 billion as statutory transfer; N2.2 trillion for debt service; N1,95 trillion as fiscal deficit.
Notice that the official rate of Naira to $1 is N305. The full proposed budget before the National Assembly added the N500 billion is here (pdf).
2018 Nigeria Budget (source: BudgIT). Note this plot did not capture the additional N500 billion added by the National Assembly.
You can read BudgIT full report here (note, this was done before the addition of the extra N500 billion by the National Assembly)---
1. Advance your career with Tekedia Mini-MBA (Sept 13 – Dec 6, 2021): 140 global faculty, online, self-paced, $140 (or N50,000 naira). Click and register here.
2. Click to join Tekedia Capital Syndicate and own a piece of Africa’s finest startups with a minimum of $10,000 investment.