The following are the key ways to stay fraud free.
- Know the source: only download app from the official sources of the OS
- Free Wi–Fi may come with a cost: Some free or public Wi?Fi connections may intercept your sensitive credentials. Only connect to networks you know and trust.
- Lock it up: Keep your phone safe by enabling it to automatically lock after a certain period of time. Ensure your password is strong and not easy to guess, or use Touch ID to balance security and convenience.
- Communicate with caution: Fraudsters may call, email or text you pretending to be someone else and request sensitive information or funds. Always validate the request with another party and communicate through a trusted channel.
- Check for green: Always look for green in your browser’s address bar to ensure you’re on an authentic bank website when doing online banking
- Keep your password safe