From the Longitude Prize in the 18th century to Alfred Nobel’s laureate awards at the start of the 20th century, the power of prize programmes to catalyse innovation and inspiration is undeniable. Such prizes serve a purpose beyond recognition and reward alone – also raising awareness, creating role models and igniting ambition.
From that mindset came the Africa Awards for Entrepreneurship which rewards $100,000 to the top company in the competition. It is poised to provide a platform upon which they may continue to inspire a new generation of African entrepreneurs. And indeed it is doing just that. $100, 000 is a lot of money.
The objectives of the Africa Awards for Entrepreneurship are:
Join Tekedia Capital Syndicate and invest in Africa’s finest startups here.
Tekedia Mini-MBA (June 5 – Sept 2 2023) has started. But you can still join us here
- To promote the value of entrepreneurship as a driving force of today’s Africa
- To celebrate the standards of business excellence within Africa
- To encourage small business owners and aspiring entrepreneurs to embrace the challenges and rewards of entrepreneurship
- To build strong networks of African entrepreneurs as a source of learning and sharing of best practice
- To attract more venture capital inflows towards good businesses across Africa
Applications to the 2011 Africa Awards will remain open until August 24th. The Gala Awards Banquet and CONVERGENCE: AFRICA conference on entrepreneeurship will take place on December 8th, 2011 in Nairobi, Kenya