DD
MM
YYYY

spot_img

PAGES

Home Tekedia Forum

Tekedia Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Bitcoin Mines First Billionaire Duo

Bitcoin has mined the first set of billionaire-duo, as it continues to rise in value. The first in the club is Winklevoss twins. Yes, Tyler and Cameron Winklevoss are the brothers who sued Facebook claiming that Mark Zuckerberg and co appropriated the product from them. They have big laughs: $11m invested in Bitcoin has become $1B for them.

The Winklevoss twins own one of the largest portfolios of Bitcoin in the world—and recent surges in the digital currency’s value have put the value of that portfolio at over $1 billion. That’s an impressive return on an $11 million investment just four years ago.

The brothers have reportedly not sold a single one of their Bitcoins, sitting on them and watching them accrue value. And it’s been a stunning thing to witness: when the Winklevoss’s invested in Bitcoins, the currency was trading at just $120.

Very interesting indeed.  Just checked Bitcoin, it is now $12748.99.

Let me say this: there is a reason why many of us are not in this big club. We overthink issues. These guys won about $65m on their Facebook suit and you know what? They put $11m in Bitcoin.

Tekedia Mini-MBA edition 15 (Sept 9 – Dec 7, 2024) has started registrations; register today for early bird discounts.

Tekedia AI in Business Masterclass opens registrations here.

Join Tekedia Capital Syndicate and invest in Africa’s finest startups here.

There is no professor or money manager that will suggest that. That is why few people run this world. They are wired directly and differently.

Yet, that does not mean it is the end of the story. But risk is the path to great wealth. That remains so. $11m on digital money? Give them credit for liking risk.

Interesting stuff, saw the news yesterday. The rule has always been: invest what you can afford to lose. With this mindset, whatever happens, you are good to go.

Powerful line: "The rule has always been: invest what you can afford to lose. "

They are definitely high level risk takers. Even with $65m in the bank (say it's a careless  $65m), very few persons will venture in the same way. This takes us back to your line "Few people run this world"

"Few people run this world", indeed. I am not sure what they did is an option. But hey, they did it.

Wow.

Just wow.

These twins are professional gamblers, trust me they are and they sure know how to win.

Quote from Guest on December 6, 2017, 3:40 pm

Wow.

Just wow.

This twins are professional gamblers, trust me they are and they sure know how to win.

Bold move. But going by what you wrote about bitcoin being a ‘domino’ price. Of what use is this over $1b returns? @Ndubuisi

Today, $1B is $1B. We do not know of tomorrow. So, there is party in their land. But tomorrow could be different. It is part of risk management. Someone could have taken the $1b and ran away! Not the twins.

If they are truly wise, they should offload 50% of bitcoin portfolio into cash in a conventional bank.  They can then watch the remaining 50% appreciate more or whatever happens...