DD
MM
YYYY

spot_img

PAGES

Home Tekedia Forum

Tekedia Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Charly Boy gets candid about his recent battle with Prostate Cancer. Now he proudly declares himself a "Prostate Cancer Survivor."

As some of you may already know, He was diagnosed with prostate cancer earlier this year. It was a shock to him and his family, but he decided to fight it with everything he had.

In an Instagram post, he reflected on his journey fighting cancer and how he "cheated death" this year.

"Many things bin happen dis year 2023. The good, the bad and the ugly. But most importantly, I cheated death for something wey no suppose kill us but has killed many. Am a Prostate Cancer Survivor. God am grateful. I know say dis year remain small but still by his Grace, me and everybody reading dis, shall see 2024.

I underwent surgery to remove the tumor, followed by radiation therapy and hormone therapy. It was not easy, let me tell you. I had to deal with side effects like fatigue, nausea, hair loss, hot flashes, and mood swings. I also had to cope with the emotional impact of having cancer, the fear of recurrence, the changes in my body image and sexuality, and the stress on my relationships.

This is not the first time the veteran musician has been open about his battle with cancer. Back in May 2023 while speaking with Punch Newspapers he opened up about how he found the right doctors.

He said, “I do not hide myself. If something is bothering me, I will shout, so that everyone can hear me. A problem shared is half solved. It was as a result of speaking with people who had experienced it that I figured that I had to do something about it. The problem actually started three years ago. I sought medical help, and I met a Nigerian doctor in London, United Kingdom, who specializes in treating the ailment. When he told me that he would come to Nigeria, I had to do the surgery here. I thank God it was successful. I am still recovering though.”

He has also advocated for men to get tested for prostate cancer, saying in an interview with Arise TV back in September that should be open to seek treatment for it.

But I'm happy to say that I'm doing much better now. My latest tests show that the cancer is gone, and I'm feeling more energetic and optimistic. I'm grateful for the support of my doctors, nurses, family, friends, and fans. You guys have been amazing, sending me messages of love and encouragement, praying for me, and cheering me up. You have no idea how much that means to me.

He's sharing his story with the world because he thinks it's important to raise awareness about prostate cancer. It's one of the most common cancers among men, especially black men like me. But it's also one of the most treatable if caught early. That's why he urges all men over 40 to get regular check-ups and screenings. Don't be afraid or ashamed to talk to your doctor about your prostate health. It could save your life.

He also cares to inspire anyone who is going through a similar situation. You are not alone. You are not less of a man. You are strong and brave. You can overcome this challenge. You can live a full and happy life after cancer. Just keep the faith and hope alive.

I hope you stay safe, healthy and happy. Peace and love.

Uploaded files: