DD
MM
YYYY

spot_img

PAGES

Home Tekedia Forum

Tekedia Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Kody Brown Wasn't "In Love" with Any of His Ex-Wives

In a revealing interview on the One-on-One Special of Sister Wives, Kody Brown opened up about the struggles of his polygamous marriage and the reasons why some of his relationships with his wives have fallen apart. He admitted that he did not have a true love connection with 3 of his spouses. He also shared his regrets and doubts about his lifestyle, and how he copes with the challenges of maintaining four separate households.

Kody Brown is the patriarch of the Brown family, which consists of four wives and 18 children. The family has been featured on the reality TV show Sister Wives since 2010, documenting their unconventional and often controversial way of living. The show has also captured the ups and downs of Kody's relationships with his wives: Meri, Janelle, Christine and Robyn.

In the One-on-One Special, Kody revealed that he did not feel a genuine romantic bond with 3 of his wives, and that his marriages with them were based on convenience rather than love. He said that he married Robyn, his fourth wife, because he felt a strong attraction with her.

Tekedia Mini-MBA edition 15 (Sept 9 – Dec 7, 2024) has started registrations; register today for early bird discounts.

Tekedia AI in Business Masterclass opens registrations here.

Join Tekedia Capital Syndicate and invest in Africa’s finest startups here.

Kody Brown has finally owned up to the fact that his relationship with his fourth wife, Robyn Brown, is different from the rest of his marriages. In the first episode of the new Sister Wife One-on-One special with interviewer Sukanya Krishnan, Kody claims that he was never in love before he met and married Robyn.

Prior to their marriage, Kody had three other wives, Meri Brown, Janelle Brown, and Christine Brown, but now says he was never "in love" with any of them.

"I fell in love with Robyn," Kody admits. "I never fell in love with anybody else. I was just choosing to be in that covenant of love with them."

Kody also confessed that he has had difficulties in keeping his marriages happy and satisfying, especially as the family grew larger and more complicated. He said that he often felt overwhelmed by the demands and expectations of his wives and children, and that he sometimes wished he could escape from it all. He said that he has considered divorce several times, but he always decided to stay for the sake of the family. He said that he still believes in the principle of plural marriage, but he is not sure if it is worth the sacrifice and pain.

"I met Robyn, and there was a safety and a vulnerability that I had never experienced in my life," he shares. "And when I met her, I started weeping for joy and didn't stop for months."

Robyn claims she "did not know" of Kody's uneven feelings between her and the rest of his wives "until recently."

"I did my best. I don't know what else I was supposed to do. But I did my best to not have it be something that was painful for them. I constantly was suppressing and hiding my relationship and any kind of connection I had with Kody."

Kody's first wife, Meri, acknowledges his connection to Robyn, saying that while she's happy for the couple, she wishes it didn't come at the expense of the rest of the family.

"I know that he's happy with her, and I know that they have this soul connection. He speaks of that often and I'm glad that he has that with her," Meri says. "I think everybody should have that. I think it's very unfortunate that the rest of the family had to go by the wayside to get that."

And while Kody doesn't admit wrongdoing, he does acknowledge that he's guilty of "not being in love with them," which he says has been "from the beginning."

Another point of contention between Kody and his exes is the strong friendship between Janelle, 54, and Christine, 51, following their respective splits from the polygamist.

"He's probably getting a dose of what it's like to be a sister wife. Here you go buddy," Christine says, claiming Kody is "jealous" of her friendship with Janelle. "This is what it's been like for 26 years. Take off your blinders and look to see what it's like for us."

Kody agrees with Christine to an extent, saying, "If you look at it from a perspective of one-on-one, institutionally it's an unfair lifestyle. I never said it wasn't." He adds, "They got to choose their husband, and they chose."

Kody's candid interview has shed some light on the inner workings of his polygamous marriage and the challenges that come with it. It has also raised some questions about the future of his family and whether they can overcome their differences and stay together. The One-on-One Special of Sister Wives is available to watch on TLC.

The special will continue in the coming weeks and is set to make the televised debut of Christine's new husband, David Woolley.

In a promo montage for future episodes, Kody even says of Christine, "She was a shit sister wife. She'll probably, and I hope, be a very good wife for David."

Christine announced her split from Kody in 2021. She and David tied the knot in October 2023. Janelle separated from Kody in 2022, and in the show's season finale, Meri, 52, informed Kody and Robyn that she was leaving him. Robyn is Kody's only remaining marriage now.

Uploaded files: