DD
MM
YYYY

spot_img

PAGES

Home Tekedia Forum

Tekedia Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Maya Hawke Roasts Dad Ethan Hawke for Trying to Flirt With Rihanna

Maya Hawke, the daughter of actors Ethan Hawke and Uma Thurman, has revealed how her dad embarrassed her by trying to flirt with Rihanna at a party. The 23-year-old actress, who starred in Stranger Things and Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, shared the hilarious story on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon.

According to Maya, she and her dad were invited to a party hosted by Rihanna after the 2018 Met Gala. Maya said she was excited to meet the pop star, but her dad had other plans. "He was like, 'Maya, I'm going to introduce you to Rihanna,'" Maya recalled. "And I was like, 'Oh my God, that's amazing. Thank you so much.'"

But things took a turn when Ethan approached Rihanna with his daughter in tow. "He goes up to her and he's like, 'Hi, I'm Ethan Hawke. This is my daughter Maya,'" Maya said. "And she's like, 'Hi.' And then he goes, 'You know, I'm a huge fan of your work.' And she's like, 'Thank you.' And then he goes, 'You know, I really love that song you did with Eminem. That was such a great song.'"

Tekedia Mini-MBA edition 14 (June 3 – Sept 2, 2024) begins registrations; get massive discounts with early registration here.

Tekedia AI in Business Masterclass opens registrations here.

Join Tekedia Capital Syndicate and invest in Africa’s finest startups here.

Maya said she was mortified by her dad's attempt to impress Rihanna with his musical knowledge. "I was like, 'Dad, that song is like 10 years old,'" Maya said. "And he's like, 'Yeah, but it's a really good song.' And I was like, 'Oh my God.'" Maya said Rihanna was polite but clearly not interested in Ethan's flattery. "She was like, 'Thank you so much. It was nice to meet you,'" Maya said. "And then she just walked away."

Maya said she still loves her dad despite his awkward encounter with Rihanna. "He's the best dad in the world," Maya said. "He just doesn't know anything about pop culture."