DD
MM
YYYY

spot_img

PAGES

Home Tekedia Forum

Tekedia Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Miley Cyrus Tells Real Story of 2008 Topless Cover

Hey, y'all! It's me, Miley Cyrus, and I'm here to tell you the real story of what happened in 2008 when I posed for a topless cover for Vanity Fair. You may remember the controversy that erupted when the magazine came out with a photo of me, then 15 years old, wrapped in a sheet and showing some skin. Well, I'm not here to make excuses or apologize, but to share with you my perspective and how I felt about the whole thing.

First of all, let me say that I was not forced or coerced into doing the shoot. I agreed to do it because I admired the photographer, Annie Leibovitz, who is a legend in the industry and has taken some amazing portraits of celebrities. I thought it would be an honor to work with her and to be part of her artistic vision. I also trusted her to make me look beautiful and tasteful, not cheap or vulgar.

Secondly, I want to clear up some misconceptions about the photo itself. Some people said that I was naked under the sheet, but that's not true. I was wearing underwear and a bra, and the sheet was covering most of my body. The photo was not meant to be sexual or provocative, but rather intimate and vulnerable. Annie wanted to capture the transition from childhood to adulthood, and the innocence with uncertainty that comes with it. She also wanted to show a contrast between my public persona as Hannah Montana and my private self as Miley Cyrus.

Tekedia Mini-MBA edition 14 (June 3 – Sept 2, 2024) begins registrations; get massive discounts with early registration here.

Tekedia AI in Business Masterclass opens registrations here.

Join Tekedia Capital Syndicate and invest in Africa’s finest startups here.

Thirdly, I want to explain why I apologized at the time and why I regret it now. When the photo came out, I was shocked by the backlash and the criticism that I received from the media, the fans, and even my own family. I felt like I had done something wrong and that I had disappointed everyone who looked up to me. I was afraid of losing my career and my reputation. So I issued a statement saying that I was embarrassed by the photo and that it was a mistake. But looking back, I realize that it was not a mistake, but a choice. A choice that I made as an artist and as a young woman who wanted to express herself and explore her identity. A choice that I should have been proud of and defended, instead of apologizing for.

So why am I telling you this now, after 15 years? Because I want you to know that I'm not ashamed of who I am or what I've done. Because I want you to know that you don't have to apologize for being yourself or for following your dreams. Because I want you to know that you have the right to make your own choices and to own them, no matter what anyone else thinks or says. Because I want you to know that you are beautiful and powerful and worthy, just as you are.

Thank you for listening to my story. Peace out!