DD
MM
YYYY

spot_img

PAGES

Home Tekedia Forum

Tekedia Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Nigeria Needs Exponential Vision

Yesterday, I was off here as I worked in a special facility on earth. When you get in the compound, your phone stops working. You do not even have to switch it off. The phone becomes sand. Yes, all phones come from sand because silicon microchips are made from special sand [hold on, that may not be in your village. lol]. This sand is processed by companies like Samsung, Intel etc to become phones and computers. They take $1 sand and turn into $20,000-value equivalent product.

People, if Nigeria can bring its brilliant minds together: from Lagos to Sokoto, New York to London, Aba to Uyo, we can create that level of exponential impact. In the place I worked yesterday, there were two black folks. Both of us were born (and still) Nigerians.

If President Buhari puts a $5 billion research triangle in Abuja, Nigerians would create the equivalent exponential impact you find in transforming from sand to microchips [agro, energy, etc], and make Nigeria REALLY GREAT.

Tekedia Mini-MBA edition 14 (June 3 – Sept 2, 2024) begins registrations; get massive discounts with early registration here.

Tekedia AI in Business Masterclass opens registrations here.

Join Tekedia Capital Syndicate and invest in Africa’s finest startups here.

In this 2019 election, we need to challenge leaders to THINK BIG. The mundane promises cannot move us forward.

"If President Buhari puts a $5 billion research triangle in Abuja." Abuja is largely for politicians and contract seekers, such a triangle would not be useful there anyway, before it becomes another political game.

To the issue proper, you just laid down the gauntlet, a serious one at that, it's now left for the big man and his acolytes to take up the challenge and do something big for the first time. $5 billion isn't that big, for those who understand how we move and waste money in the land: CBN and NNPC know how it goes; those two behemoths can conjure the money within 24 hours, don't bother asking me how, they both know that.

But this is a special country, and therefore we can estimate around  $7 billion, the remaining  $2 billion would exchange 'hands' among all the funny creatures that agree to support the investment; nothing like patriotism in this enclave. After that, there's a small matter of where the 'research triangle' should be situated, and who should head the institution; from there we can evaluate whether collection of finest minds contradicts the federal character thing.

By the way, who even said the political leaders really want this country to develop? If they disagree with my assertion, let them show cause! $5 billion is very small, we ought to have in the 'recovered' looted funds; just sign the cheques!