DD
MM
YYYY

spot_img

PAGES

Home Tekedia Forum

Tekedia Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Real Warri Pikin wants FG to help Nigerians battling Suicidal Thoughts.

`
Real Warri Pikin, a popular Nigerian comedian and actress, has called on the federal government to provide more support for people who are struggling with mental health issues and suicidal thoughts.

"Why I Almost Ended My Life", she shared her personal experience of surviving a suicide attempt in {2018}, when she was overwhelmed by debt, depression and family problems. She said that she felt hopeless and alone, and that she did not have access to professional help or counseling.

She wrote: "I was in a dark place, and I felt like there was no way out. I had no one to talk to, no one to understand me, no one to help me. I felt like a burden to my husband and my children, and I thought they would be better off without me. I decided to end it all by drinking sniper (a pesticide)."

Tekedia Mini-MBA edition 14 (June 3 – Sept 2, 2024) begins registrations; get massive discounts with early registration here.

Tekedia AI in Business Masterclass opens registrations here.

Join Tekedia Capital Syndicate and invest in Africa’s finest startups here.

She said that she was lucky to survive, thanks to the intervention of her husband and some friends who rushed her to the hospital. She said that she spent several days in the intensive care unit, and that she had to undergo a series of treatments and therapies to recover from the physical and psychological damage.

She said that she decided to share her story to raise awareness about the reality of mental health challenges in Nigeria, and to encourage others who are going through similar situations to seek help and not give up on life.

She said: "I want people to know that they are not alone, that there is hope, that there is help. I want people to know that suicide is not the answer, that it is not a solution, that it is not a way out. I want people to know that they are loved, that they are valued, that they matter."

She also urged the federal government to do more to address the issue of mental health in the country, and to provide more resources and facilities for people who need psychological support and intervention.

She said: "The government needs to take this matter seriously, and not ignore it or stigmatize it. The government needs to create more awareness and education about mental health, and make it easier for people to access help and treatment. The government needs to invest more in mental health care, and provide more trained professionals and counselors who can assist people who are suffering from depression, anxiety, stress, trauma and other mental health conditions."

She concluded by saying that she is grateful for the second chance that God gave her, and that she is now using her platform and influence to inspire and empower others who are facing similar challenges.

She said: "I am a survivor, I am a fighter, I am a warrior. I am Real Warri Pikin."

Uploaded files: