DD
MM
YYYY

spot_img

PAGES

Home Tekedia Forum

Tekedia Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Solving the Universities in Nigeria

"Our universities neither attract foreign capital nor solve problems, rather they have become problems waiting to be solved too" Francis Oguaju on Nigeria's paralyses 

Uploaded files:

When I read that line it caught me!

Indeed, it's in a bad shape, we can fix it, however, it would only be gradually.

Tekedia Mini-MBA edition 14 (June 3 – Sept 2, 2024) begins registrations; get massive discounts with early registration here.

Tekedia AI in Business Masterclass opens registrations here.

Join Tekedia Capital Syndicate and invest in Africa’s finest startups here.

Education by nature is expensive.

My next year budget for journals like the economists, WSJ, FT, and works of leading thinkers such as Paul Krugman materials etc., are running into million even at student price. Relevance comes with good price.

So, if you want the supply of quality at scale you must pay heavy! If it was that cheap many would not be giving thanks when they get scholarships, "abi is it easy to pay student debt?

For the nation, we need enough fund to dispense quality to a large scale which is more than lip service.

You don't owe a person for years and tell him to act normal, he can never!

So, we have to restructure how the Educational system works. Make primary education and secondary compulsory and free. And if you are willing to go higher, pay with your money although subsidized but not like we practice here.

I believe part of the many reasons why some come here and perform poorly is because they don't understand what education is!

Not everybody should come to a University and people should know that!

It okay to go to a technical school!

By the way, the diginity attached to technical jobs is a sign we have dysfunctional thinking.

Mecho's (A tekedia Portfolio firm) COO AY was my set mate in Technical school, while many may mock technical education, so many so-called graduate don't have access to YC, yet he is doing well!

I hear "I want at least one of my children to go to a University o!" And to me it is pure madness.

It well sha!

All said, the other day you were speaking of having semiconductor skilled individuals before we think of building foundry- While I think there would soon be a burst in that space as many ade pumping money it, nevertheless, it's bad to realise that we don't have a good number.

The world is moving on, yes, we have good head making waves, however, we need them at scale!