Demo Africa the flagship initiatives of LIONS@frica that aims to connect African startups to the global ecosystem today released the list of its final 30 startups that will launch at this year’s DEMO Africa conference in Johannesburg.
The finalists were picked from a record 723 technology startups from 27 African countries that applied to launch at the event. Out of the 30, South Africa is represented by 11 startups, Nigeria 6, Kenya 5 and Ghana 3. For the first time Morocco will have a representative in the continental faire. Other countries include Egypt, Tanzania, Uganda, and Rwanda.
Here are the Nigerian companies courtesy of Techpoint.
- ArtNigeria: An e-commerce platform for sales of artworks – originals, prints, photography, sculptures. The Artists are mainly Nigerians.
- Rubiqube Limited: RubiQube is a mobile platform that gives users unlimited access to a variety of locally developed innovative apps. RubiQube is a product of MOBIQUBE NIG. LTD
- SharpHire Global Limited: SharpHire is a company behind some of Africa’s most innovative Internet Start-ups like PushCV and Piggybank. The company builds products that solve real problems that makes life easier, focusing on the labour market.
- WESABI: An on demand platform that connects you to verified and highly skilled artisans.
- Shuttlers: Shuttlers is a multi-staff bus company set up to assist professionals in the Lagos metropolis and its environs to resolve the daily challenge of commuting to work – such as driving stress, hustling for buses, queuing for fuel, long waits for BRTs, and so on.