The Mobile Marketing Association (MMA) is a global group that strives to stimulate the growth of mobile marketing and its technologies. MMA members are diverse and include agencies, advertisers, hand held device manufacturers, carriers and operators, retailers, software providers and service providers as well as companies focused on marketing via mobile devices.
The MMA is dedicated to:
- Providing an industry forum to meet, discuss, plan and work co-operatively to resolve key industry issues
- Bring together industry-wide, global and regional work groups that focus on industry initiatives
- Providing representation for the mobile marketing industry to major legislative bodies worldwide
- Fuelling peer to peer interaction through seminars, conferences and events.
- Develop measurement metrics for ad delivery and consumer response (6) Develop open and compatible mobile marketing technical and creative standards
- Serve as the key advocate on behalf of the mobile marketing industry.
The MMA’s primary focus is on consumer protection and privacy, given the importance of consumer satisfaction in maintaining a sustainable industry and promoting growth. They therefore strive to align their members and industry stakeholders with consumer needs to ensure a positive mobile experience. The industry must monitor and enforce consumer protection and privacy to ensure the success and integrity of the mobile content business.
Nigeria does not have a local chapter. The two local chapters in Africa are:
|East Africa (Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda)|