We are building business cases for mainly African and Africa-operating businesses and brands as we prepare for Tekedia Mini-MBA in 2021. We have expanded our curriculum with many empirical learning systems to deepen outcomes. I report that MTN business case is in. We see three phases in the growth of his amazing African brand:
- – The age of Voice telephony (before and decade of 2000s)
- – The age of mobile internet (decade of 2010s)
- – The age of application utilities (decade of 2020s)
From MTN, we postulate how the future of the industry would be. As SpaceX Starlink and other satellite players arrive (with expected affordable satellite phones), we see disintermediation threats to the likes of MTN, Airtel and other terrestrial players, but those threats could be mitigated if they play well in the age of application utilities. Yes, selling data will not be enough but playing into that data becomes strategic.
1. Advance your career with Tekedia Mini-MBA (Sept 13 – Dec 6, 2021): 140 global faculty, online, self-paced, $140 (or N50,000 naira). Click and register here.
2. Click to join Tekedia Capital Syndicate and own a piece of Africa’s finest startups with a minimum of $10,000 investment.3. Register and join me every Saturday at Business Growth Playbooks w/ Ndubuisi Ekekwe (Sept 4 – Oct 23, 2021), Zoom, 4.30pm WAT; costs N20,000 or $60.