This is a very good one. all Amber, the same company, that organized the successful Mobile Web West Africa just launched a new event, Mobile Entertainment Africa, which will take place on the 23rd & 24th August at the stunning One&Only Cape Town on the Victoria & Albert Waterfront.
Tekedia is an official media partner of this Mobile Entertainment Africa.
The event is going to focus on “Maximising the Entertainment Opportunity on Handheld Devices” and it’s looking like it will match the success of the Mobile Web Africa series which got great and incredible feedback.
The agenda is evolving and some speakers have lined up for this event:
Emma Kaye, CEO, Gate7Media
Vincent Maher, Co-Founder, Motribe
Mark Kaigwa, Partner, Afrinnovator
Obi Asika, Chairman & CEO, Storm360
Tim Bishop, CTO, Prezence Digital
Wesley Lynch, Founder & MD, Realmdigital
Toby Shapshak, Editor, Stuff Magazine
Mark Rayner, GM, DStv Mobile South Africa
The combination of such a high quality speaker faculty with a great working environment and superb networking (as a result of the Interactive Roundtable Seating Format) means that the foundations are already in place for this to be a brilliant couple of days. Awesome.
A run down of the agenda of this event is as follows:
- The agenda is split into 8 mini sessions, each with their own topic. This enables the conference to be wide ranging and gives you a full overview of the sector.
- This is not the final agenda – it is a working document. We’ve made a fantastic start and will be looking to add the final touches as we build towards the event.
- The presentations are short – around the 15 to 25 minute mark, we encourage our presenters to ‘cut to the chase’, not deliver company sermons. Time is of the essence, we’ve got 2 days and we want to cover as much ground as possible.
- The last session of the conference is ‘Open Mic’, this is something which is unique to our events. Any conference attendee can take to the podium and talk about whatever they want. It works fantastically well. When you’re registered for the event let us know whether you’d like to reserve a slot.
- Over 2 days there are 7 hours dedicated to interaction and discussion. After each batch of presentations there is a roundtable discussion period, followed by a traditional panel discussion. It’s a great format.
- Casual networking and relationship building will be a crucial element of your conference experience. Every day starts with Breakfast Canapés and throughout the event there will be plenty of opportunities for you to take advantage of.