Submarine Networks World Africa is the place where cable operators, owners; telcos and investors showcase best practice, discuss solutions for growth, and forge long-lasting business relationships. Submarine Networks World Africa 2011 explores new markets, new ideas and generate new opportunities for business!
Submarine Networks World Africa 2011 is where cable operators and owners, telecos, ISPS, policy makers, and investors come together to develop a sustainable & cost-effective solutions for Africa’s telecoms sector. It showcases the latest technology and hottest solutions for the fibre optic market in Africa. And in scope, content and experience Submarine Networks World Africa is the only event of its kind in Africa!
Pre-Conference Programme: Monday, 25 July 2011
Registration and refreshments
How FttX can support profitable new Cloud based business and consumer applications
• Constructing a viable business case with the use of variousbroadband technologies and commercial objectives
Morning refreshments and networking
What services do customers want and what will they pay for?
• Shaping up the consumption model and moving up the mediabusiness value chain
• Opportunities for carriers and broadcasters
Architecting your FTTx network to fulfil the demand for flexible, low cost bandwidth services
• Examining various network elements in composite FTtx networks
Accelerate speeds on existing last mile copper to provide high bandwidth video and cloud applications
• New technologies to enhance existing copper for fixed line operators
Assessing the ROI of new applications: IPTV and Unified Communications
• Understand IPTV and Unified Comms as productivity and entertainment services
• Adopting innovative business models in B2B, B2C and OTT scenarios to boost revenue streams
End of workshop
Afternoon refreshments and networking
Key questions answered
• How will the online video and Cloud Computing market develop and service providers? service profitably