Cloud computing is an interesting new buzz in the world of technology. It provides cost savings and can enable an organization start an operation that will take months immediately just by making a payment via a web. Yet, it offers challenges as our founder shared in his Harvard Business Review column. The opportunities and gains are huge, so are the risks. Oh yes, the ‘wahala’ could be daunting and that is why you need to talk to the pros. This conference (yes, conference) in Lagos plans to help. The big guys are coming and we are thrilled to also be making it.
CloudCamp is an unconference where early adopters of Cloud Computing technologies exchange ideas. With the rapid change occurring in the industry, we need a place where we can meet to share our experiences, challenges and solutions. At CloudCamp, you are encouraged to share your thoughts in several open discussions, as we strive for the advancement of Cloud Computing. End users, IT professionals and vendors are all encouraged to participate.
Why Cloud Computing ?
- The ability to scale your business and infrastructure — on demand with out capital outlay.
- The ability to flow over (even if it’s just the coffee ordering system) — on demand without commitment.
Who should attend:
Anyone wishing to further Cloud Computing or just learn what all the fuss is about!
- Developers, Architects, Analysts, IT Management and Executives, from App Dev through to Production.
- Entrepreneurs, founders and leaders of start-up/early-stage companies, venture capitalists and industry analysts.
Reasons to attend:
- Understand how to integrate Cloud Computing Services into your business
- Find ways to cut fixed infrastructure costs while increasing reliability and scalability
- Learn from from others about their use of Cloud Computing Services
May 28th, 2011
10:00 Registration & Networking
10:30 Introduction ~~ Abayomi Ayoola, O.
11:00 What is Cloud Computing? ~~ Udoh Ubong, Syspera
11:50 Lightning Talks
~~ Not Confirmed Yet, IBM
GitHub ~~ Scott Chacon, GitHub
Google AppEngine ~~ Kayode Odeyemi, Opevel Nigeria
12:50 Break & Networking
13:30 Break Out Session
Group A – SaaS (Unconfirmed) ~~ Scott Chacon, GitHub
Group B – PaaS (Practical session on Using Amazon Web Services) ~~ Tim Akinbo, TimbaObjects
Group C – IaaS (Google App Engine) ~~ Kayode Odeyemi, Opevel Nigeria
14:15 Lightning Panel with Audience Questions
Udoh Ubong, Syspera
Not Confirmed Yet, IBM
Scott Chacon, GitHub
Tim Akinbo, TimbaObjects
16:00 Networking at Bar Party
City Mall Opposite Muson Centre