Rewardn is a leading soil water trap which works on different types of crops. It increases the water holding capacity of soils and generally enhances plant growth. With Rewardn, water and nutrients are available in the root zone for optimal absorption by plants. In agriculture, use cases include tree planting, nurseries, transplanting, landscaping, large scale farming, etc.
Also, Rewardn provides a buffer effect against climatic hazards with applications in erosion control, land reclamation, land embankment, among others.
How It Works
Rewardn has the property of absorbing up to four hundred times its weight in distilled water and it becomes gel. It is an easy to use, superb water absorber (can absorb water up to 600 times its volume) soil additive. It is a polymer manufactured especially for frequently irrigated and high water consumption locations, gardens, glasshouses and landscaping works. With this polymer which traps rain and irrigation waters in its body and absorb 600 times of its volume, the water is held before it drains off the soil and constitutes a natural and long term water tank base for plants and trees.
Composition & Properties
Rewardnis a superabsorbent anionic polyacrylamide polymer. It is a cross linked copolymers of acrylamide and potassium acrylate that is water insoluble. Some major properties include:
- 1 gr has the capacity to hold 600 times water.
- When water enters it expands and becomes a gel. – It stays in the soil actively for approximately 4 years.
- Water absorption rate is approximately 1 hour.
- Watering duration is up to 1 hour.
- It does not freeze until -60°C.
- Application depth is between 7cm-1 m.
- It decomposes in the soil at a rate of %10-15 per year. Once its job in the soil is done it returns to the nature.
There are many application areas for Rewardn soil water trap in the broad field of agriculture. Those areas include horticulture, forestry, hydro seeding and farming. Besides agriculture, Rewardn finds applications in erosion control and other areas like desertification control and land remediation.