It makes no sense to create wealth at the expense of health. Some people hide under this ideology. Hustle hard to make it. Therefore, they go against their health. After amassing all the wealth, their health is nothing to write home about. They spend the rest of their lives chasing health with the accumulated wealth.
Recently, I was opportune to meet up with some of my old friends and they all seem to ask me the same question; how do you manage to look less stressed and full of energy? I simply told them; I engaged myself in an exercise that increases my flexibility, strengthens my muscles, centers my thoughts, and relaxes and calms me.
That exercise is simply called Yoga. Yoga is an ancient physical and non-secular exercise. It is a branch of philosophy that originated from the Republic of India over 5,000 years ago. Active yoga is claimed to return with several advantages for each mental and physical health.
Funny enough, there are still some people who have no idea about yoga. These people can never know the benefit as well. However, this article will be of great help.
The subsequent are the benefits of yoga:
- It helps decrease stress: Yoga helps to ease stress and promote relaxation. In fact, through multiple studies, it has shown that it can decrease the secretion of cortisol; the primary stress hormone. Yoga can be a very useful and powerful exercise when used alone or along with another exercise. It can help with alleviating stress. Engaging in an activity such as meditation; can be a powerful way to keep stress in check.
- Relieves Anxiety: Practicing yoga has a way of helping you cope with the feeling of anxiety. Yoga is all about emphasizing the importance of being present in the moment and finding a sense of peace. Which could help treat anxiety. Living a life that is free from anxiety, tends to increase the life span.
- May Reduce Inflammation: Yoga helps in improving your mental health. Some studies recommend that active yoga might scale back inflammation. Inflammation is a normal immune response, but chronic inflammation can contribute to the development of pro-inflammatory diseases, such as heart disease, diabetes, and cancer. It can be a powerful means to protect the body against certain diseases caused by chronic inflammation.
- Improves Quality of Life: Yoga is changing into a common exercise. It acts as adjunct medical care; to boost the quality of life for several people by rising their sleep quality, enhance non-secular well-being, improve the social occasion, and scale back symptoms of tension and depression in patients with cancer.
- Could Reduce Chronic Pain: Chronic pain is one of the most persistent problems that affect millions of people and has a range of possible causes, from injuries to arthritis. It helps reduce chronic pain in conditions like carpal tunnel syndrome and osteoarthritis.
There is a preferred adage that; health is wealth. Practicing just 15–30 minutes of yoga each day could make a big difference in your health. Besides, any wealth accumulated without health is never a wealth because health itself is wealth.