DD
MM
YYYY

spot_img

PAGES

Home Tekedia Forum

Tekedia Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

The Stage Next Year; Demand Answers

If you traveled to the village this Easter, you would have noticed that the politicians spent more time in the village. Also, the family gates were open. Yes, they are now positioning themselves for Nigerians at different districts to hire or re-hire them. Now, when you visit, they make you feel like SOMEBODY. You get a seat and if you are lucky something to drink or chew will follow.

But do not fall to that trick. These guys are strategists. Recall when they won last time, they changed their phone numbers. They hired bodyguards and used sirens causing menace and havoc. No one would come close. They had important matters to deal with. Your concerns were not important. But in few months, your vote is ONE and even if you are small, they know it has the same potency as even the one the President will cast.

Check well, it is a STAGE. Once they finish the scene, they depart. Then in another four years, they return.  They use us and they dump us, only to pretend they care.

Tekedia Mini-MBA edition 14 (June 3 – Sept 2, 2024) begins registrations; get massive discounts with early registration here.

Tekedia AI in Business Masterclass opens registrations here.

Join Tekedia Capital Syndicate and invest in Africa’s finest startups here.

This is my message: do not allow any community leader to put you in a voting bloc. The system of indirect rule invented by the British and perfected in Nigeria is the root of our problem.  Yes, the politician comes, gives gift to a community leader. The next day, he commands the whole community on the person everyone must vote for. The problem is that your community leader’s needs are not the same as yours. Without the capacity to think independently, you may not be serving yourself well.

Use your Vote as your power. Demand answers. You are SOMEBODY and cannot be a number for voting.

It's a plot, which runs on countless episodes; only that the key actors rarely change. Those who are usually deceived remain the ones the politicians will always deceive; and that's where the big challenge lies.

I do not know of Nigerian politician that is capable of telling me what's good for myself, obviously he/she would start sweating within few minutes; but the country is littered with low-information public, making it very easy for the rogue politicians to prey on.

The major political parties are terrible, the minor ones are only existing in names; and the options they end up throwing aren't still good either. Just close your eyes and do what your mind tells you...