Obami is a social networking platform for schools, teachers, students and parents. It is only accessible for pre-registered schools in South Africa. So it is a closed platform only open to pre-registered schools and their members. It is affiliated with the Independent Schools Association of Southern Africa (ISASA) and takes seriously the safety and security of its members.
How does it work?
Teachers, students and parents can interact and build communities on the platform to:
- Distribute school newsletters and notices, and enable your school community to provide valuable feedback
- Upload study notes, class handouts and helpful information
- Assign, submit and mark homework, tests and projects
- Share school events, term dates, exam timetables and sports fixtures
- Upload photos and videos from the school play, the science experiment, or the swimming gala
- Support correspondence and collaboration between, and amongst, classmates, teachers, and parents
It recently won a global award.
The Obami Team started off the year with a bang when it was announced that Obami had been awarded a spot as one of the world’s Top 10 most innovative companies across the globe at the prestigious Netexplorateur Forum!
This award recognises businesses that exhibit a high level of innovation, along with the ability to make a significant social impact. Obami beat thousands or so other businesses from around the world to land its spot as one of the Top 10 winners in 2011.